Holiday Project - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:14 AM, Frank Pellow said:

First of all, I have continued my recent "tradition" of mailing home-made wooden cards.  Here are photos of the cards for the last three years:

2016:

1898996522_PrototypeCoolYulecard-small.thumb.JPG.4832709d5674e5eefe5c11ae96d4e7f3.JPG

2017:

1881230671_Prototypeseasonsgreeetingcardfor2017-small.thumb.JPG.7cc60fdf5eb20b05d526785eece7a20a.JPG

2018:

768807453_2018CardPrototype-completed-small.thumb.JPG.48231cfbd2b942d05740ec243a5a91eb.JPG

Then, last week, I discovered a pattern for a great freestanding tree ornament by Sue Mey.  So far,  have made one of these:

39405561_CristmastreedesignedbySueMey-small.thumb.JPG.0561ad98c59ce04b0552dd212e493ea9.JPG

I will definitely make more of these.  Right now, I am experimenting with combining this along with some coloured glass as a background (stained-glass is another one of my many hobbies).

Great work, Frank,

I would definitely consider stack cutting the Sue Mey Christmas tree if you plan on more!
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, jollyred said:

The tray and the dragon are separate designs from Steve Good I combined.  I made three of the cherry and six of the walnut.  They go to various family members.

DSCN0176.JPG

DSCN0177.JPG

Fantastic work!
I didn't receive mine yet and I'm a family member! (Well, perhaps not your family but.....)
Anyone would be delighted with a gift with such workmanship.
Thanks for sharing and God Bless! Spirithorse

5 hours ago, Rolf said:

Steve Curtis I really like those ornaments! Whose pattern are the little gnomes or Wizards?

Rolf,  not Steve, but I believe those are Bruce Worthington’s Designs found on his site here: http://intarsia.hostcentric.com/home/homepage/newpage16.htm

Pattern number is CH137  - Gnome ornaments.

12 hours ago, Rolf said:

I do a couple of shows each year so have made a lot of stuff.  But this is what we do for family and close friends. We send special cards with a sentiment written by my wife. I print them on Photo frame cards.  I cut 37 ornaments 1.5mm Finish plywood. Stack cut. Then mounted with removable sticky dots on the card. We have been doing this since 2005.  It is one of those ideas that has gotten out of control but we love it.  Unfortunately I have no pictures of the bigger items I made for sale such as a modified version of this Intarsia nativity the picture is last years.

2018 card  and ornament.jpg

2018 card ornament.jpg

20170911_182026.jpg

Rolf that is a terrific idea with the cards.  I was going to make my own this year but time got away from me so maybe next year.  By the way I love your Nativity Scene, perfect.

Marg  :santa:

Edited by wombatie

i had a woman contact me for a gift for her son. he is a fan of the game Fallout. thankfully she sent a few pics cause i would not have known what i was looking for.

one had a flag as a background so my pattern included a flag but i didn't like how it looked when i was done. so i cut the guy out, ditched the rest , and made a background with stuff my crafty wife bought  the day before.

311939431_falloutflag.thumb.jpg.e6952ce7a0a2c275b7c2826b85a0c6c0.jpg

1327061111_falloutthumb.thumb.jpg.1c7350ba77ee7ec938a5561ad80d379b.jpg

2 hours ago, HeeresJohnnny said:

I have an older saw, so I was using the 3" pin-ended Pegas skip-tooth blades.  Not sure what # they correspond to in the larger, non-pinned blades, but they're fairly large.  As for the wood....I just used a 2"x2" I picked up at Lowes.  It wasn't the best wood, I don't think, it had some knots and splits in it, I had to trim several small pieces off to get to solid wood.  Pine would be my guess.

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, better late then never I suppose.  I did do several Christmas themed projects.  Just never got the time to photo, and add to here while my kiddos were home from colleges.  Instead of doing a double post here in the Village I will just add a link to the thread in the "Bragging Rights" where I shared my work.

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32232-to-prove-that-i-do-cut-on-my-saw-dont-spend-all-my-time-online/

Now to see if I can get something cut, finished, photographed and posted to the First of the Year project thread before Jan. is over! ☺️

Edited by meflick