Newbie alert

Pizza

Hi all,

Future scroll sawer here. I have never used a scroll saw before but I do love turning. 

Have many months in Maine winter to play in my “work in progress” shop.

Hopefully , if I can saw anything other than firewood, I plan on donating  to local charities so they can give them away or use to help fundraise. 

Spoiler

Life is a journey not a competition  Help your neighbor 

Hello "Pizza" and welcome to the Village from East TN.  My husband does some turning when his real job doesn't get in his way.  Unfortunately, right nw - that's more often then not. 😞 Several others on here turn as well as scroll.  Look forward to hearing that you got a good saw and have started learning to use it.  If you aren't planning on buying a new saw (or having Santa deliver :santa:) you can check locally for a good used one for sale. Many here have found good deals on saws that way. Show us your progress, feel free to ask questions - everyone here is happy to help when they can. Glad you joined us. 

Welcome to The Village. Nice to hear your idea about donating to help others in need of raising funds to help others as well. We have a man in our area who does that with toys for kids and his donations have raised of $15,000 over the years. Good plan.. I hope you make it work like the man I told you about

Dick

heppnerguy