new old

ronald69

The idea here is to make it so it is easy to maneuver your  wood on your table . Some us bees wax and many do not. Try it and if it helps you when you scroll, you will want to continue with it. trying different things is a learning experience and you will soon see that blade brands and types for the scroll saw is like asking someone what is the best pick up or car. You will get a lot of different answers there too but you will need to try different ones and see what works best for you. When you find it, you will know it. Best of luck to you and we are all glad you found us, now stick around and become part of this wonderful family here. You will not regret it if you do,,,,,,,,,,I promise

Dick

heppnerguy

Welcome for a somewhat older man.  Glad to have you here.   I wax the table tops and all my tools about 3 time a year.  It helps protect the tops from rust and stain, and makes them slick, easier to move wood on.  I use Johnson Paste Wax, which is one of the more popular ones used.   DO NOT use a wax that has silicone in it.  The silicone gets on the wood and it will not take finish well.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:30 PM, ronald69 said:

i started a while back say four years ,then had health problems  had to sell my machine  ,but i return i have new machine now .still old am 69 now

need new advice to set up new machine was told to wax mu base plate  do.s this still help with the wood cutting ?

I glued on thin formica and it lasts a long time and very slippery.welcome friend ,Keep coming back!!!