Howdy!

jerrye

jerrye here, AKA Jerry. New to the world of scrolling, looking forward to contributing wherever and however I can. Have lived in Clearwater FL since fall 2010; before that, in the Triangle area of NC, where my wife and I originated. Married since September 1981. More than 25 years sales experience, which made up the bulk of my work life. Have 30 years under my belt of church leadership, serving on the lay side of things until about ten years ago. Now pastoring a small church in the area, finding all that sales experience quite handy! Oh, and I do some writing on the side...

My interest in scrolling came from a friend from NC Woodworker, a similar site to this one, who does portraiture quite well. He did a few projects for me, making an impression along the way. I have always desired to work with wood, but haven't yet found my niche. I'm hoping to find it in scrolling.

Other interests include golf, fishing, alcohol ink on tile and other substrates, and enjoying the sunsets over the Gulf.

Thanks for allowing me to hang out here. Anticipating learning a lot, hoping to get it slower than a fire hose! 😂

So happy to welcome you to our friendly and happy family here in THE VILLAGE. If you have any questions about anything to do with scrolling, just ask. It could be about a saw, or blades or wood or patterns or any problems you encounter along the way. Just remember to take your time and have fun. Start with simple patterns and then move on as you feel you are getting comfortable with what you are presently cutting. Nice of you to find us nice enough to want to sign up here. I know you will not regret it, nor will we

Dick

heppnerguy