Potential New Puzzle Zombie... came to my doorstep...

Iguanadon

Funny thing just happened... was getting a package delivered to my doorstep and as the dogs were barking I went over to calm them down and say hello to the postman.  He says to me through the door "I'd like to pick your brain some time."  I step outside and he says he just got a scroll saw and is figuring out what he wants to make with it.  He had seen the various catalogs I receive and of course envelopes on a regular basis from Harvey "Byler Scroll Saw".  

I asked him if he had a minute right now and invited him into my shop and showed him my puzzle factory.  I suggested he visit Wooden Teddy Bear and check out the millions of patterns and ideas out there and told him to email me and I'd point him to other information and ideas (Steve Good for instance).

And we thought Facebook knew everything about us... the postal carriers were way ahead of FB on gathering information.  LOL

He's a total newbie so I'll enjoy answering his questions and helping him out any way that I can.

That's great news.. I always like to see new scroll sawers in the community... My neighbor also just got a scroll saw and so I gave him samples of about every blade I have.. even ones I don't like.. never know he may love them, LOL

He has been a woodworker for years.. and now has picked p interest in the stuff I do.. he's always coming over to check out what I'm working on.. or to buy some clocks from me... he has become a clock maker this fall.. 

4 hours ago, NC Scroller said:

Also point him to the different woodworking forums like SSV, NCWW and the Fox Chapel forum.

Fox Chapel forum, NCWW? What am I missing? I do visit the SSWC forum. Is that the Fox Chapel? I also check out Steve Good's forum but there isn't much action there.

Edited by octoolguy

I would often see out postie sitting near our mail box reading the front and back covers of our magazines and catalogues that we got delivered.  He's retired now and I do miss him.

Did you point your postie in the direction of the Village???????????????????????????

Marg

11 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Fox Chapel forum, NCWW? What am I missing? I do visit the SSWC forum. Is that the Fox Chapel? I also check out Steve Good's forum but there isn't much action there.

Yes the Fox Chapel forum is the SSWC one.  NCWW (NCwoodworker.net) is a wood worker forum, all types of woodworking, that is open to any woodworker in NC or neighboring states.