Hearing Protection

Rockytime

I am very hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids but still seem to read lips much of the time. Although I am nearly deaf I want to protect what hearing I have. When scrolling and using my dust collector (even though the DC outside of the room) I remove my hearing aids and use the pictured ear protection. I have shooting ear protection. I have used foam and other protection devises. The pictured item is what I now use. Very comfortable and efficient for me. For persons with excellent hearing may not have the same experience. For me they work very well.

1-20190106_152412.jpg

1-20181214_214203.jpg

Good topic, I have fairly good hearing but I do have tinnitus ( ringing in the ears) the irritation gets worse after being exposed to areas of increased noise , a crowded restaurant could cause the ringing for a few hours or a day or so after exposure. I have several ear muffs as the foam plugs don't feel right. My radio is  headset is good hearing protection is also good as it also is a noise blocker. My preference is a set that reduces and softens noise yet allows me to hear. This ringing can cause me to be irritable and feel some what nervous. I may try the set you are using as it is not so bulky. Thanks for sharing

I worked in the Machine Shop for about 50 years and I now wear hearing aides.The scroll saw don't seem to bother me any. but I guess each person is different. My wife says that they haven't cured my selective hearing. I use the foam ear protection when  I go out shooting. I got these aids from the VA so I don't think they are any better than any other aids.

IKE