Delta Scroll Saw owners

lawson56

I have a question about the blower hose on the Delta 40-694 saw i bought recently.Did any of you had to attach the blower hose?.Mine was not attached.I was unable to attach it.So I did a McGuyver and used some black tape,it is working great.I contacted Delta for a replacement.Hoping I would get the whole thing,the hose and the attachment on the bottom.Gave them the parts #.All I got was the hose.So Back to my question,did anyone else have this problem?🤔

If it is like Loc-line, they have pliers, but to be honest they are very cheap,,,,, made wise, not to buy.  I bought a pair for 3/4" hose because I knew I would be taking the hose on and off as I experimented with my dust collection.  They work, they are some kind of plastic should cost about only $3 in my opinion. 

https://www.loc-line.com/products/14-loc-line-system/14-accessoriestools/

heat works well, just do not over heat or it will ruin the joint.  I use a heat gun like Jim.

My DeWalt came with it attached but as Dan said.. eventually it'll crack.. I used needle nose pliers to take the cracked one off then run a sink of HOT water and soaked it in there a while to heat it up.. once it was good and hot.. I added a couple drops of dish soap to the inside and on the metal part on the saw.. and while it can be a tricky struggle.. I've alwats been able to get them on this way.. Now that I have a heat gun... I might try that next time..

A heat gun works, but a cup of boiling water is safer. You want it more flexible, not melted. Amazon carries short lengths of it, different end pieces, and the pliers to assemble it, but nothing is available for dis-assembly. They recommend bending to the extreme and it will pop apart (but usually never where I plan). Loc-Line is the brand name

Charley