What changes would you like to see

fredfret

I look at this issue as a marketing tool as well as something I want.  With all the brands coming out, all using the excaliber basis, it comes down to what color do you want to look at in your shop.  I;m not thinking about starter saws, mid to upper level saws is where I would add it.

All it would take is to retool the table top is to add some tapped holes for clamps to hold the under side tubing, then lock-line for part you position.  Dust floats down, if the lock-line is to the side, it will suck in the majority of it, maybe all of it.

The top lock line, like I said, put it inside the upper arm, or on top and remold the upper arm cover to hide it.

One manifold for a vacuum to connect to.

Do not include a vacuum, make it an optional accessory, just as now a light is an option in the upper and mid level saws (starter saws come with them, at least porter cable does).

Cost - yea it would increase cost somewhat, but drastically, I doubt it.  And let's face it, most of us buy the machine on a CC which you either pay off, or make payments on, if you make payments, the difference in payment is not going to be much at all.  And if it were me selling them, I would just eat the cost increase, and accept a slightly lower margin, sales would flow to my saw I think.

Unless you want a screaming meamie (shop vac) running while you scroll a large part of adding dust collection to your saw is a quiet vacuum. I have a central dust collection with 4"duct work And I don't want that running all the time either. 

I have a Festool midi connected to my Hawk with link loc top and bottom. very effective and with the vac running at its lowest speed very quiet.  I have it setup so that it is also controlled by my foot switch.  My saw does not draw enough current to use the automatic start feature on the Festool.

But the vac costs more than most folks are willing to spend on a saw.

I don't, by any means, consider myself an expert on the range of  Scrollsaws  that are available - I've owned only two - a Craftsman and an Excalibur - but the only real shortfall that  I think would be great to improve is to design a saw with an easily adjustable table angle from front to back - I have some miserable back issues and it really helps to be able to "change things up" on a regular basis - in other words - what works now may be painful in an hour - and what works today may not work tomorrow .....  . I don't think an adjustment of this kind is a big deal - and - at least for me - it would be well used.

Thanks,

Jay

31 minutes ago, Rolf said:

Unless you want a screaming meamie (shop vac) running while you scroll a large part of adding dust collection to your saw is a quiet vacuum. I have a central dust collection with 4"duct work And I don't want that running all the time either. 

I have a Festool midi connected to my Hawk with link loc top and bottom. very effective and with the vac running at its lowest speed very quiet.  I have it setup so that it is also controlled by my foot switch.  My saw does not draw enough current to use the automatic start feature on the Festool.

But the vac costs more than most folks are willing to spend on a saw.

Exactly why I was considering the Festool vac that you have... most vacs even the Fein doesn't have the High and Low feature.. I almost bought a Fein as they are quite a lot cheaper than the Festool... but I also thought having the low speed would be quieter in both vac sound and the sucking sound that other speak of.. I never did end up buying because I was trying to determine if that theory was true.. I'm glad you mentioned this.. as this is one thing I want to do is hook up some sort of dust vac..   

The Festool is quite a bit more than than Fein.  But if you add the HEPA filter to the Fein, which the Fein does not come with, and they are expensive, you are almost up to the cost of the Festool.  But, on the Fein you still do not have the two speeds.   I love my Fein, but had I studied more before I bought, I may have gone with the Festool.  But, I'm happy with the Fein, does all I need it to.

I do not use my blower at all. The birch plywood that i use for my ornaments has a unique smell that I really dislike. That is why I always wore a half mask. With the HEPA vac no smell!

I will say that the mini Festool is very limited to what it is good at. It did not replace my Shop vac for general cleanup. So it is dedicated to the scroll saw and when I use my Festool Random orbit sander for those functions it is perfect.