Napkin Holder Ideas

JTTHECLOCKMAN

OK what do you say we make a list of some ideas for napkin holders such as what has been shown so far and maybe our pattern makers can do something with them. Here is what started it all. http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/topic/32348-napkin-holder/ My ideas are not many.

My ideas are birds like Turkey or the bird with the large fan like spread, Peafowl. 

The idea of doing a dress with a gal somehow is good. 

Upside down umbrella

a flower

a butterfly

basically anything that can fan out

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

So, napkin holder made in full size.
Nothing needs to be scaled.
Just print two pages of this PDF file.
The thickness of the plywood should be 4mm.
If you need, I can change the color of the stroke line to red.

Please, if you find any errors, let me know about it.
I will try to fix them.

Roket.pdf

3 hours ago, Ivan Nikolaev said:

Good. In the evening today I will add red lines and make them thicker.
Are you satisfied with the metric system, or do you need to convert dimensions to inches?

3 hours ago, Ivan Nikolaev said:

Good. In the evening today I will add red lines and make them thicker.
Are you satisfied with the metric system, or do you need to convert dimensions to inches?

Thank you Ivan. Yes metric is fine. 

9 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

I like to see them in inches. Thanks.

I confess that I am an imperial girl myself. :oops: I was in elementary school I think when they had the big idea they were going to convert us to the metric system.  As you can see, it didn't work too well. 😉

Thanks Ivan for your work on some of these.  i hope to give them a try sooner or later.

This idea had me thinking. The family is having a baby shower for my daughter-in-law in April and I was trying to think of a good napkin holder for it but haven't thought of anything that might work. She's having a girl. A crib with a napkin skirt around the bottom? A baby with the napkins as a receiving blanket? Don't think they would look right. Their naming the baby Ava. How about a centerpiece with her name with the napkins flowing from it? Any other ideas or pattern help for these?

Turkey is next. Bring it on. Just ordered a bunch of colored napkins so I need to wait to see what size I need to make some of these things. They will have to wait anyway. I am in the middle of the Penturning birthday party bash and entering some more contests this year. But good to go. Also I have to finish a pen and pen box for my brother who collects Budweiser stuff. I got a pattern some time ago here and I need to bring it to life. That too is next in line. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:36 AM, meflick said:

I confess that I am an imperial girl myself. :oops: I was in elementary school I think when they had the big idea they were going to convert us to the metric system.  As you can see, it didn't work too well. 😉

Thanks Ivan for your work on some of these.  i hope to give them a try sooner or later.

Meflick, Congress first sent metric scales and weights to the various States in 1866, if we had adopted the metric system then...