Howdy!

BigBubbaG

I was a carpenter for about 25 years. Been scrolling off and on over the years. I had serious blood clots in my legs and ended up losing my left leg almost a year ago. Being forced into retirement and not really able to do my usual woodworking very well but I can sit and enjoy my scroll saw so I've been getting serious into my scrolling. I grew up in Texas, moved to Maryland for 22 years, and the last 2 years have been back in Texas. It's sure nice to be home! Been married for 33 years, 2 grown sons and 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Looking forward to "meeting" new friends, learning more about my hobby, and I'm thinking I may be interested in learning pattern making. BTW, I found this forum from watching pattern making videos on you tube.  

Hi Greg and welcome to the Village from East Tennessee.  Glad to have you join us.  We have several members who are from Texas - but given how big that State is, they may or may not be anywhere close to you. 😉  With 6 grandchildren, you will have lots of people you can scroll for. Look forward to your participation.

Nice to have you in our family. No problem making new friends here as everyone is so helpful and friendly. All you need to do now is keep logging on, comment on others posts and post your work for all of us to enjoy and comment on too. We have a lot of areas to explore here and hope you take to time to do a self guided tour of it all. 

Dick

heppnerguy

33 minutes ago, RabidAlien said:

Big state, small world!!  I've got some friends who live in that area....Whitehouse, Troupe, that general area.  :) 

I'm just a hop and a skip from Whitehouse. When I was a teen we had property there where my horse was kept. Used to terrorize Whitehouse by horse back.

16 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Welcome, retirement is way harder than anything else, especially here in Michigan, winter sucks. The only up side is I get plenty of time in my basement shop.

Scroll on.....

Chris

I had a good friend who lived in Beaverton. He died 3 years ago. His widow is still in the area somewhere.