EGA Ornament

Dan

I turned a EGA (eagle, globe, and anchor) pattern I made a few months ago into an ornament. Found some scraps of 1/8" and this is one of the ornaments. It still has some fuzzies but I think it came out pretty good. It looked like a lot of cutting, but it turned out to be fun. I used a number 63 drill bit to drill the blade entry holes and a FD#3 UR to cut the five stacked blanks. If I make more, I'll be more careful and hide the blade entry holes a little better. I'll post the pattern in a day or so.

Dan

Dan ,This looks great!Your a wizz at these military plac's.The grain in the wood set it off nicely.Wording would go good around it .I need to do some of your military stuff for craft shows to cover all taste's.Somebody somewhere knows and would like to recogise the man in uniform with one of these as a thank you! :)

Thanks all. I made the pattern 4" in diameter but when I stacked the wood, only one piece was the full 4 inches, the rest were slightly less and those became kindling (bummer). I made the pattern in Inkscape so it is easy to resize. If you make it smaller, you may want to leave out some of the detail or it will be real fragile. An alternative, for you wood burners (or pyros) is to cut just the outline and burn the details. I hope to have the pattern posted to the library soon. I think I may make one for the Air Force then we'll see about the Army and Navy. Thanks again.

Dan