wood

hayu

Do not look up hard wood on your computer! It wasn't what I was looking for. I did find a store here in Lubbock that carry's exotic and domestic woods. They let me look through their scrap pile. I bought zebra wood two pieces 5" x 3' for $10.00. The domestic stuff was $5.00 it was maple, oak, and ceder. The domestic were in several different sizes. They cut and planed everything for me for $10.00. I would of bought more but my phone rang and the person that took me said get out of there before you buy the store.

One more thing always were your long hair in a pony tail, I didn't know that part of the drill went around.

One more thing always were your long hair in a pony tail, I didn't know that part of the drill went around.

Don't I know it! :scared: Unfortunately it was my ponytail that swung round and got dragged into my drill before I knew it - sort of stalled the drill bit but swung the body of the drill round instead, smacking me in the mouth leaving a scar on the outside and a broken tooth on the inside to remind me of the lesson. :cry: One of my work colleagues had to cut the drill out of my hair and then cut the hair out of my drill.

I've taken to using one of those hairclamp things now - a large one holds most of my wayward mop out of the way. :)

H.

That's a hard way to learn about being around power tools!! Hope everything works out for the best.

I know about that wood shop in Lubbock,( I beleive it is Acacia wood shop) as a fellow scroller had told me about it at one of the shows at Simonole,Tx. He warned me to leave the credit card and check book at home or lock the truck before going in! He forgot to mention cash! I left about 2 hours later $340 lighter!! The only thing I didn't like about the planeing was eather the blades were dull or they were not set right as it left a lot of tearouts on the zebra and bubinga woods. This I didn't discover until I was back in Alamogordo,NM. It could have been because of having it all resawen and planed from 3/4" to 1/4". But all in all it was about the same price as other wood shops listed on the web. I would go back again and spend as much as they do run a good buisness.

Ervin