Video Of Me Cutting Text..

kmmcrafts

Well temps up to mid 30's and this is the first cutting I've done in a while.. in part, due to feeling blah from a sinus infection.. and another part.. I've been reworking my kitchen cabinets and doing some work inside the house.. I started out with the intention of video the whole cutting.. but.. my phone don't like the cold.. and died doing the first part of this cutting.. so then plug my phone in and then I ran out of storage memory on my phone.. LOL.. time to delete a lot of stuff I suppose.. 

Not sure you'll be able to get this since the upload in on Facebook on my business page.. you can find that searching FB for KevsKrafts... Maybe the link will work. Probably isn't going to be viewable to those that do not have Facebook.. Cutting is done on my Hawk 226VS Ultra

Edit to say: I turn off my overhead light partway through the first part of cutting due to the light interfering with the camera..

Edited by kmmcrafts

Kevin, you mentioned "sinus infection". Just a word to the wise. Make sure you aren't suffering from fine sawdust up your nose and giving you an infection. I can't recall whether or not you use a dust mask. I remember Norm Abrahms on New Yankee Workshop got nasal cancer from working around wood dust without a mask. Make sure that what you call sinus infection is really that. Get it checked out if you haven't already.

Ray where did you read about Norm Abrams and cancer???

Kevin it is funny I cut the opposite way. Just goes to show everyone is different but the results are the same. 

What Ray said is possible. Be careful. http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/general-discussion/sinus-trouble-and-sawdust

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

6 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Ray where did you read about Norm Abrams and cancer???

Kevin it is funny I cut the opposite way. Just goes to show everyone is different but the results are the same. 

What Ray said is possible. Be careful. http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/general-discussion/sinus-trouble-and-sawdust

JT , I used to watch his show every week and he mentioned it once on his show and then I bought his book "Measure twice cut once" and in the book he talked about it if I recall correctly. At the time, I think he blamed oak and all the work he did with oak for his problem. I'm pretty sure he beat it. He is still around but not much.

3 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Kevin, you mentioned "sinus infection". Just a word to the wise. Make sure you aren't suffering from fine sawdust up your nose and giving you an infection. I can't recall whether or not you use a dust mask. I remember Norm Abrahms on New Yankee Workshop got nasal cancer from working around wood dust without a mask. Make sure that what you call sinus infection is really that. Get it checked out if you haven't already.

Yes, I use the Eclips ( I think it's called ) same one you bought but said it didn't fit. 

The only time I had a problem, and that is what prompted me to buy a good mask, I salvaged a piece of cheap luan plywood out of our motorhome when I was redoing the bedroom in it. I was using the plywood to practice on with the practice patterns from one of my first books. I sat hunkered over my saw for a couple of hours cutting and sucking in all the dust. The next day, I woke up with a severe headache and I was plugged up solid in both nostrils. So, I learned early on that a good mask was a necessity. I also bought a 20 inch box fan and a package of 4 cheap furnace filters. Those two things really helped. Since then, I have put a good dust collection system on my Dewalt and I'm designing one for my EX. The Wen air cleaner helps a lot too.