Name Keychains

Oges

Just some keychains I made over the weekend for the kids teachers and one for my Secret Santa at work. The ones on the right are Jarrah and the ones on the left are Tasmanian Oak (I think), finished with a few coats of Organoil Danish Oil.

Pattern was done using Steve Good's - Scroll Saw Keychain Maker

Thankyou all for the feedback, received some great feedback from the teachers that received them, they were amazed by them as were the other teachers who saw them. It has now sparked a lot of interest from other teachers wanting one for themselves and wanting to order some for friends and family. When the kids came home they had a request from one teacher wanting to order 6 keyrings .. I was unsure of a price for them, but after suggesting $10-$15 they said that was too low and said they would pay $20 each ... like I was going to complain about that LOL

In addition to that, one of the teachers who received a keyring enquired about Fathers day ideas for next year, they want a list of items .ie. keyrings the students can order for their dad. So now I have to come up with a few different items as suggestions .... does anyone have any ideas for Fathers day and Mothers days items? they will need to be something simple like keyrings and something that wont be too expensive.

Hey Brett, keychains look great. As for ideas for Mother and Father's Day, maybe refrigerator magnets. You could even adapt the keychain idea. Just add a thin backer of different color and a glue on a small magnetic strip. I also noticed that a lot of people are selling (and apparently buying) pendants. So maybe a scroll sawn pendant of a couple of different woods. Drats! Now I've got myself thinking again.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...