My turn on the dw788

amazingkevin

Well i knew it would happen someday,that day is today.i finally got a chance to use a dw788.the guy wanted $345.00 for it and welcomed me down to try it out.He knew i have no money but was interested in some of my trades.He tryed to show me how to operate it and he never would tighten the blade near tight enough and kept breaking them.i knew something was wrong the way the top arm vibrated.I'm used to quick blade changes and am disapointed in the dewalt's set up.It really needs a clamp holder instead of a bolt ends touching the blade .This is a big problem especially if your using spirals without flat ends.i was enthralled at how straight up and down the blade moved,with out any blur at all.In 8 saws i've gone through i have never seen this phenomena.The machine had plenty of slop on the top and bottom of the upper front blade pivot points but had nothing to do with perfect cuts everytime.there were missmatched bolts and even plexi glass glued to the top of the table to make sliding wood around easyer.he had glued a large cap on to the top blade tightening screw and that worked out good.The table seem to sloppy when put at an angle as i think there's a bushing missing under the tightening knob to shim up the sloppyness in the degree dial and keep the table aligned properly.It broke my heart to miss out on this saw ,but it's not sold yet..For a :) nother hundard and a half i think with a warranty and being brand new i would rather have the new saw .Does anyone have a differant blade holder set up for the dewalt?

Good man Art ,well said,I appreciate all the info you and others have posted on the dw788.from yours and mine and others experiences here in ssv a word to the wise is sufficient enough for me!Micky moused is a red flag to get out of the deal.thanks for enlightening me as i was facinated with the new toy and yellow is my favorite color which enticed me all the more to want it.My dremil has the screw tightening blade holders which i hate and have a brand new one compliments from dremil to honor their warranty under the bench catching saw dust.it'll be my back up saw when the time comes,i never used it and it came with a brand new extra top arm ,new connecting link and new roll pins all for free to satisfiy my request for selling a chinese junk .Dremil is owned by bosch now.I love my sears 18" blade holders ,it's a new model maybe 2 years old.i grabs hold of regular spirals without straightening them like nobodys business. :) the only thing dewalt has going for itis the double linking arms for vibration free sawing,tilting both way table and blade tention adjustment ease. I haven't need to raise the arm on any projects i do so maybe that might be an added feature for some projects,which ones i don't know. :)