SANTAS NEW SLEIGH

amazingkevin

Times are a changein,Santa arrived early yesterday over loaded with my wish list!He really upgraded from reindeer to 5 on the floor and american made rubber tired sleigh.Seems his elf's took my first intarsias off the wall and trade even steven for the dw788.that's fine with me as they got all my mistakes ,sloppy fits and hodged podged together make believe intarsia's for the yella beast.Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!I twisted no arms,told no lies or beat around the bush!when he seen what i had to trade the words tsunamied out his mouth WE GOT A DEAL!and thrust out his hand to confirm the deal.Works for me.you know it's a funny thing that what ever i make seems to sell and at the price i want.Humm!You should see the insides of this guy condo.everything is the best of the best in art work and hand crafted items.Before you get to his door there's where he put "the dog in the shoe " that i did.I can't believe my works are in his art louv now! :)post-2756-134955554833_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955554889_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955554947_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brett ,i had to duct tape the grin off my mouth to try and sleep with out catching fly's.the first project escaped my hands as it was steve good's flag and soldier thanking veterans .I started a while back but needed a better saw to do the detail work.the dewalt said is that all you want me to do.The pattern i had, had double lines REAL close together and the dewalt went right down the center like nobodys business.I am flabergasted at the absolute straight up and down movement of the saw.Absolutely no blur .In 9 saws i've owned this is the norn to see the blade blurry.What a joy to use and own this machine!I modified the bottom blade holder as the thin blades would hang up on the two obstructions.One being the adjusting tightening screw and the other is the set screw directly in front of that . so i backed out the set screw so it's flush with the holder ,and now i just go to the left to insert the blade and not in between the two.makes it much easyer as with 2/0 and smaller you can't feel if your touching something or not.This saw makes absolutely zero noise.i think the neighbors will throw a party now that they don't have to hear the hum of kevin working hard again.The nerve ,i give them all the free saw dust they want.nobody else here even offers to do that. :rofl:

Thanks Clayton 717,Dan and Toolbeltman,Feels good nowto run with the big dogs now.I was broke in on chinese saws and they did the job but not for long.Now with the dewalt things are smooth as silk in all ways.I had no idea what it's like to saw with a good machine let alone own one. I only tryed it yesterday and had to do something to change the owners mind to give it up.Funny thing is he saws on a chinese saw ,go figure.the way he demonstrated it to me i could see he was haveing problems with it(dw788).he scrolled so slow ,maybe a 1/4 inch a minute.why ,because he never even got close to proper tention and the speed was dead slow too .He left the blade so sloppy you had to go slow to keep from breaking it.He had big problems putting a blade in it as he would do the bottom first ,which is the hardest way to go about doing it.But my intarsias were wall decoration and i needed the saw and he wanted the intarsia's so everybodys happy but i got the worst of the deal ,which was no big deal.My friend ( a differant one)feed's me from the food bank and delievers it and he too takes my good stuff in exchange ,no big deal i'm at least eating when i could'nt so it all works out ,.Friends helping friends.what ever he like's at the moment i give it to him.there all practice pieces anyway :rofl: . :) .

no ,Marg is the lucky devil as i was about to ask her if i could borrow her machine for awhile because i'm scroll saw butcher lol :rofl: Thanks Art i thought maybe you'd loan me your wooden gun to put ol' yeller out of it's misery.Can you believe this guy would use a ryobe scroll saw instead of ol yella.Good greef i think he has a few cards missing.when i tryed the dw the day before i made sure i did as detailed test to show him what the saw can do.How about 1/16th wide lines,spaced 1/16th apart next to each other up and down on a scrap piece of wood.i took the wood sample over to him and said i don't think the saws much good for detail work,his jaw droped open looking at what i had done in a quick second! :rofl: thanks Travis this switch have been in the works a long time And who would have though i could get this saw with no money and in the middle of the recession and out of work 4 years!Somebody is in the miricule business and we all know who that is.Keep looking up!i have'nt broke a blade yet.This saw is the saw of all saws!quality plus.thanks everybody for all the info ,talk and picture about the dw recently.it really worked my mind over and won me over to do what i got to do to get a dw.This saw is top banana! :rofl:

Oh now come on grampa.You know it takes at least 2 weeks to put a nice down hill from then on, scroll saw run through the mill test i put them through.The brand new sears showed signs of fix me now in two weeks. the dremil took a year and the deltas 6 months.this dewalt is so sweet running and sounds like it has cotton for bearings.I'm ready to knock out some more lords prayers now as big as i can now .i'm loaded up with nice frames to put them in too.40' x 40" i guess is the limit now , but if i have nice fancy add -on's to go around it in the frame to spruce it up that'll work for me .this is where the "rapid resizer" makes fitting thing easy into what ever space i have to work with on any pattern.i need to make my time count now ,enough praticeing, :) time to make some money!

Congratulations on the new saw, hope all is well with you and yours. Also want to take the time to say a BIG thanks to you, you have been very kind to this new guy, I am new to the hobby as you know, and I always look forward to your advice, and new projects that you post.

Steven

Thanks Steven ,A warm feeling came ove me reading your compliment to me.i try to be kind and conciderate but am taken the wrong way.I'll have to do a train in your honor!MERRY CHRISTMAS! Thanks Barry you hit the nail on the head ,i can't break away from other things right now to use my new toy.You must have esp!If i only knew how nice the saw was earlyer i would have gone all out to find a way to get one.I even traded my extra car for one to my friend and he never came through.Trust in the lord only!MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS! :)