New to Scrolling? ...... you, not me

savethebeer

Yesterday during a Google search I came across a link to a document dealing with all types of saws, Miter, Table, Circular, Band, Jig, Rotarazer, and most importantly Scroll. It also does Shop Vacs. It even has 31 easy woodworking plans for beginners.

Copy and paste the following: https://perfectcutsandmiters.com

Bob

I would question their choice of "Top 5 Scrolls Saws" --

1. Dewalt DW788
2. WEN 3920
3. Dremel MS20-01
4. Shop Fox W1713
5. Delta Power Tools 40-694

I think I would only rate the DW-788 in a "Top Choice" list.

There was no mention of the Excaliburs, Jets, Hawks, or Hegners.

Maybe they were going by the most sold saws.

Well I give them some slack on the saws they list, because this if for the beginner audience, but I think because this is for beginners they should mention the fact there are more expensive saws just for info.   Maybe they did, I pretty much skimmed the article.  One thing I didn't like about their pros and cons, was if one saw has a feature like tilting table that they mention, then they need to mention that on every saw they are listing that has that same option.  New people in their audience may think other saws don't have that feature.  I also think they should list the saws after the "Top Pick" in order of price and mention they did.  Some will think the rest are listed in their order of preference.

Interesting site and worth looking through it.

Just now, tomsteve said:

im not sure what the audience he is going for. the table saw reviews seem to be pointing towards a homeowner that doesnt know much about woodworking-id put #6,7,8,and 10 at the top.

however,  sites like that get $$$ everytime someone clicks on the links

Okay now they have gone too far.  I went back to the site, said it was updated April 16th, 2019 and the title is:

"Best Scroll Saw Reviews — 2019’s Absolute BEST Scroll Saws"

They review the same saws????  Give me a break!!!  Could not help myself I had to contact them and suggested they change their title to something like "BEST Entry Level Scroll Saws" or something.  Not sure DeWalt or the Delta are necessarily entry level.

Edited by Scrappile