Hawk BM-26 Nickel Test.

kmmcrafts

The New Hawk BM-26 running with the nickel on the table.. This saw still isn't as smooth running as the older Ultra Hawk.. and I'm not certain it will.. That said.. so far its a decent saw... It might be just me and being used to the older saw.. But I feel the quality of the saw is not what the quality of the older Hawks that most of us all know.. I'm happy with the saw.. but knowing what the saw is and have run about 7 hours on it now.. I do like the more robust feel of the older Ultra better.. But like I said.. Maybe feel that way just because I haven't put 300+ hours on it yet.. Certainly not as smooth as my ultra.. but I also still haven't adjusted the feet on the legs etc yet.. pretty smooth with the nickel on it at full speed so it passed it but barely LOL

I tried to get this video onto youtube but it wouldn't load on there for some reason.. so you may not be able to see this as it's a facebook video from my KevsKrafts facebook page

8 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Why isn't the table nice and shiny? It looks almost corroded.

I’m not sure why it looks that way on the camera because it’s not that way in person. Though it’s not super shiny like the older Hawks either. It looks like they ran a jitterbug sander on it to surface it .