Custom Dust Extraction on Hegner Scrollsaw

davidg

@octoolguy and others were interested in knowing more about my dust extraction system which is currently on my Hegner saw. The system could no doubt be adapted for use with other saws and I may even make further improvements over time. It is based on researched designs already posted on these forums and elsewhere, but I believe I have made an improvement which allows the upper extraction pipe to be temporarily hinged out of the way for easier blade feed when making internal cuts.

Rather than post a long string of photos and text, I have incorporated the information in a single pdf, which a), I hope you are able to download and read, and b), that I'm able to attach it to this post.

David

Edit: the pdf link is at the bottom of this post. Also, I've just noticed in the pdf that the term 'Nyloc nuts' has been changed to 'Nylon nuts' (curse of auto-correct). Please read as Nyloc nuts (the metal nuts with a nylon insert to prevent them readily working loose. I originally tried wing nuts to attach/tighten the linkage arms, but found they quickly worked loose whenever the linkage was moved.

SAM_1930.JPG

hegner-dust-extraction.pdf

Edited by davidg