Long Time, No Post

thumb_018%7E12.JPG

I haven't been around in a while. After a private message came through my email box from Kevin though, I thought I'd drop in and let everyone know what I'm working on. The photo above I think tells the story. I finally got started on the Italiante Chandelier.

I built a different chandelier quite a while back. It turned out to be a lot easier than I had anticipated and I wanted more of a challenge. That's where the Italiante came in. I found the plans for it. I ordered the plans a long time ago, but for other reasons, I'm just now getting a chance to start on it. I've got about a week in it right now and probably at least two or three more weeks of work to do.

This chandelier will be four feet tall, thirty six inches wide, and hold twenty four candles.

I am so sorry I haven't been participating online lately as much as I used to. I really don't want to go into too much detail, but several life changing events have kind of thrown me into a whirlwind the past several months. I promise to one day come back and be more active. Until then, anyone is welcome to keep up with my latest works at http://wddsrfinewoodworks.blogspot.com/ . I post any new projects there. I welcome comments there. I just haven't been up to too much as far as discussion forums go though.

Anyway, I wish you all well. Any of you can also email me at greasemonkeyredneck@yahoo.com . Merry Christmas to you all.

• 3 weeks later...

To answer Kevin's questions:

No fish. Money and health made it impossible to even take the boat out this past summer. Every time I see my boat sitting there dry, I want to cry.

My son finally got rid of the 4x4. He got tired of dumping money into that money pit. I could have saved him a lot of cash if he'd only listened to me to begin with.

I sold a grand total of 0 rockers for Christmas. As a matter of fact, I've sold that exact same amount of anything in the last nine months. Blame it on the economy. Blame it on the area I live in. Hell, even blame it on my crappy abilities if you want. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that things aren't moving.

The last one isn't a question, but I will be posting in the bragging rights section in a few minutes of the project I've been most asked about in the last few months from you and others. THE CHANDELIER IS FINALLY DONE!