Hammer Fist

John B

Well, I don't think I was being particularly hammer-fisted, but I stripped out the bloody thumbscrew on the top chuck of my Ex21. 🤬
Can keep on going though by swapping the Allen screw and the thumb screw around to opposite sides. Bit the bullet and ordered a set of Pegas replacements from QTE. Don't even ask how much with the exchange rate.
On Monday I will see if there is a machine shop that can fit helicoils to my spare top chuck, Yes I've done it before ;)

ouch

You could swap the set screw to the right side, but I doubt it would hold in place since the screw hole is stripped out, well is the screw hole stripped or is it the threads on the screw itself?

helicoil works, I've used them before, though not on a scroll saw, assuming the threads on the adjusting screw are not buggered up too.

Since you ordered the pegas clamps, I would suggest just sit back and wait for them to arrive

9 hours ago, John B said:

Well, I don't think I was being particularly hammer-fisted, but I stripped out the bloody thumbscrew on the top chuck of my Ex21. 🤬
Can keep on going though by swapping the Allen screw and the thumb screw around to opposite sides. Bit the bullet and ordered a set of Pegas replacements from QTE. Don't even ask how much with the exchange rate.
On Monday I will see if there is a machine shop that can fit helicoils to my spare top chuck, Yes I've done it before ;)

You'll be very happy with the Pegas clamps. I find that you really don't need to apply much pressure to hold the blades in. I do take the time to rub the ends of my blades over a piece of emery cloth that I keep close by. Just enough to rough them up and to remove any oil.