Pegas clamps

John B

The set of Pegas blade clamps that I ordered from QTE turned up today. Took 3 days from the time I ordered to hit Melbourne from the US then 11 days from Melbourne to Kal. Aussie post's stage must of thrown a wheel or a couple of the horses dropped dead 1f642.png:)
Easy to fit and set up on the Ex21. Tensioning is a breeze, I never thought they could improve on the original Excalibur system, but !.
Locating the blade and tightening the thumb screws seems easier. They are pretty and they came packaged in a plastic box fit for the crown jewels, shame it just has to go in the bin.
Came just in the nick of time as the original lever was beginning to let go every so often this morning.'

Apost.jpg

Edited by John B
By the grammer and spelling I must of had few beers before making that post :)

So that's why my orders take so long to get to the customer.. They almost always make it to Australia in just a few days .. but then they set somewhere for several more... Mail a lot of car clocks over there.. Must be big into the classics over there..LOL

Those Pegas clamps are awesome.. love mine.. I truly believe I'd have sold my saw had I not bought that upgrade.. I just couldn't get the hang of those stock EX clamps..

They are nice clamps.  I held out for a long time before I finally broke down and ordered some.  Even after I put them on my Seyco, I thought ,,, nice, but really, what's all the fuss about ..?  They are just clamps.  Now that I have used them a while.... humm, sure would hate to go back to the original ones.  The originals would seem very big and clumsy.  In fact if I had to replace them for some reason,,, I don't think I would put the old ones back on, I would get another set of the Pegas.

1 hour ago, WayneMahler said:

I may be one of last few holding out. I think from all I read when mine go I'll order a set and join the club.

Wayne, you will wonder why you waited. I hated the idea of spending $100 on something that really wasn't broken. But once installed and in use, I was very happy that I made the decision to buy them. My saw didn't suffer from excessive vibration but after I installed the Pegas clamps, it became even smoother. I'm like Paul in that if they broke or wore out, I'd buy another set.