H. M. S. Bounty

baggetta

The ship of the infamous Captain Bligh lives on in this wood piece.  I cut the ship from sapele wood and the most difficult part is the beginning lettering, but not impossible if you take your time.  I had a small piece of spalted maple I shaped into a top layer of the base and shaped another bottom layer again from sapele.  Makes a nice piece for display. The free pattern above is available for download on my FREE PATTERNS page linked from the Index page on my website
New Video On YouTube
I generally cut my signs with a 5, 7,  or 9 Reverse tooth saw, depending on the thickness of the wood, so I don't need a lot of blade storage area.  I came up with some little magnetic cases built out of birch ply wood which I attach to my saw so my blades are handy.  So I made a short video on how these are made in case some other scroll saw users would like to build some.  You can view the video on My YouTube Channel.  If you like it, please click the like button and subscribe to the channel so you will be alerted when I put up a new video.  Thanks for watching.  Comments welcome.

HMS_Bounty Image Small.jpg