VIBRATING BLOWER

airman

I just got the new Delta 40-690 saw, love it. However I am having trouble with the blower hose. It vibrates so bad that it ends up laying on the wood. Is there a way to tighten it up or is there some other fix? I have made sure the all the screws/bolts are tight. I am out of ideas. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Hi...I had the same problem and fixed it by tying a small piece of wood loosely over some clear plastic tube, about halfway down the flexible blower tube with small cable ties...leave the ties uncut also, this takes out the vibration as the energy is dispersed by the wood and the ends of the ties....a picture woud explain a lot better than words...lol...I'll see if I can post one soon...I don't have variable speed and it was pretty bad before I did this..hope this helps...I tried to post a video I took of the saw running but it won't allow me to post it (wrong format?)

• 2 weeks later...

On my saw, a SKIL Model 3335, I found that I had more plastic hose than what was required, so I cut a few inches off the hose and it works fine this way. Also a shorter hose should give more blowing force onto your wood. My blower worked fine from day #1, but I just decided to shorten the hose. As for the vibrating light, I made a small metal arm support coming down from the front portion of the saw arm and attached the gooseneck to this support with a nylon zap strap. Voila, no more vibrations from my light.