Problem with heirloom projects

Showed this Christmas gift for my granddaughter about 4 1/2 years ago. Well it got returned because she's outgrown it being seven going on eight, playing the piano, gymnastics, soccer etc. etc. They don't have room to store Creeper (the name she gave to the rocking horse for unknown reasons). Of course these type of items always are found in Grandma's attic.  But Grandma is thinking about downsizing (and Grandpa too), and not for 20 years when the young lady might have tykes of her own.  So on to finding a church daycare center to donate or something like that. Has this happened to anyone else in scroll saw land?

000_0029 edited.jpg

20190518_095140.jpg

My granddaughter who is 19 is very attached to many things that I have made for her and, in particular, the rocking horse I made for her for her 1st birthday.

It was OK for her younger brother to use it and, still later, she let a couple of cousins borrow it but, when I suggested donating the rocking horse, she would not hear of it. 

Right now, it is in our basement but, if we ever downsize, we will have a problem.

I am known for keeping things my grand children do not have room for.  In your case, if there were room, I would place a couple of blocks under the rockers and a protective pan on the seat and use it for a plant stand.  Maybe (just maybe) it will give the parents in question an idea for the near future.  OH yah, I did the same thing with the rocking chairs, which found the rightful homes when seen by the right kids and grandkids.

Things seem to come back to me like an rocking horse I am sitting here looking at. made for the first daughter then the other 2. Then the grandkids x 6. Finally no one wanted any more and Tail and ears were not what they once was but Ma Ma  Gramma could not let go. Have a cradle made years ago and was not needed until great grand baby shows up but Daughters were for storing in the attic at oldest daughters house but is now in the my Living room