Looking for Q&A about new saw!

I have been doing a lot of scrolling since I have been off work recovering from surgery. I have a DeWalt 788 type 1 saw that is about 16 yrs old. I have had it repaired once through another scroller friend of mine several yrs back. Yesterday as I was cutting I noticed it making some weird noises, (mind you, I am NOT mechanically talented). 

My question is, if and I mean if! Should I have to replace the saw. I was looking into the excalibur 21" saw. I have looked and looked but to no avail. I keep seeing , King, Jet and another that looks similar to it. What is the difference in these saws? I have heard that excalibur is the saw to have. I absolutely love my DeWalt but I am impressed with tthe way the head tilts on the excalibur. 

Any help in this manner would be great!

Thank You!

7 minutes ago, koehler788 said:

I have been doing a lot of scrolling since I have been off work recovering from surgery. I have a DeWalt 788 type 1 saw that is about 16 yrs old. I have had it repaired once through another scroller friend of mine several yrs back. Yesterday as I was cutting I noticed it making some weird noises, (mind you, I am NOT mechanically talented). 

My question is, if and I mean if! Should I have to replace the saw. I was looking into the excalibur 21" saw. I have looked and looked but to no avail. I keep seeing , King, Jet and another that looks similar to it. What is the difference in these saws? I have heard that excalibur is the saw to have. I absolutely love my DeWalt but I am impressed with tthe way the head tilts on the excalibur. 

Any help in this manner would be great!

Thank You!

Look at the new Pegas. It is just like the the EX21 and very pretty. So far it is getting RAVE reviews. I have a 2010 EX and I love it. I do wish it had the Pegas paint job though.

8 hours ago, koehler788 said:

It doesnt have to be the excalibur,  I have just heard that that was the way to go. I now have to figure out the money situation and hope my DeWalt will make it awhile longer. 

Thanks everyone!

craigslist

You would be surprised at how many new in the box thing show up there.  If you create an account on craigslist then you can set an alert by keyword, I set one up for scrollsaw long ago, that is how I got my ex.  Got the alert, called, set up a time to get it the next day and when I got  there the seller said he wished he knew then what he knows now.  He said he should have auctioned it off, he got 6 calls after mine.

Yup, Craigslist is where I found mine.. new sealed in the box still for $350.. Also Facebook marketplace is where I found my still sealed in the box Hawk 226 Ultra.. for $400... IF one has the patients to wait it out and save up so you have cash on hand.. there are lot's of deals on these ad sites.. just waiting is the hard part..