Record breaking show! In a bad way. LOL

Iguanadon

My local weekly market usually begins Memorial Weekend but this year the town decided to start it up 2 weeks early, which we all thought was a good idea.  Tourists aren't heavy yet, but we figured the locals would enjoy getting out.  Week 1 (May 11) was good, not great, but this past Saturday (May 18) was my worst outing at this event in the 3 years I've been doing it.  There were several other events happening on the island drawing crowds (nothing arts & crafts related, just beach type stuff) and I knew it would be slow, just not THAT slow.  LOL  

No complaints at all with Memorial weekend coming up, things will get back to normal.  The manager of the event is a friend of mine and we chatted mid-way through the day Saturday and he said that nobody was doing well so he'll recommend that they go back to the old schedule next year.

Iggy

IMG_20190511_071204.jpg

I know how you feel Iggy. Kalgoorlie has a population of about 29,000 and a lot of people work 12 hour shifts on the mines. I attend the Monthly markets with my Daughter and usually can't complain. But.... then again it gets frustrating when other events are run on the same day and time as this really shows in the lack of attendance. With  winter fast approaching the mornings can be anything from minus 2c a lot of people stay home in the warm. I can't blame them.
I always have fun and enjoy chatting to the other stall holders.