New saw

Brianr24

4 hours ago, orangeman said:

I've heard nothing but good reports on the Pegas saw.

I see where Woodcraft now sells the Pegas saw. I saw their online ad. There was some delay re availability and it is shipped to your home. Not sure if they will carry it in their stores.

bb

Yeah I saw woodcraft add also. Actually a little cheaper too. But I purchased it through Bear woods cuz I rather give them the business. 

3 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Congrats on the new saw... I'll be taking a hard look at the Pegas when I'm ready for a new saw... that might be a long time though since I have the new EX, and Hawk's.. But Pegas will most likely be my saw of choice.. of coarse something new will probably be out by then anyway..  

Haha that’s what happened to me I himmed and hawed about an Ex for so long the Pegas came out in the meantime. It took me a while to actually upgrade because (I’m sure some will think I’m crazy) but I love my Poter cable and just never saw the need for an upgrade. Still no need for upgrade. But I just want it. 😀

Edited by Brianr24

2 hours ago, octoolguy said:

Congrats. You will love it. I look forward to reading your glowing review once you get your saw, get it all set up and make something. I will also be interested in your comparison of your Porter Cable saw. 

I started with a porter cable, IMO it would not be a fair comparison even though I have an EX and not the Pegas.  The PC does have a build in light I liked and the blower is stronger.  The PC cut very nicely, but the fixed upper arm was a real pain sometimes since I am a bottom feeder.