Key Chains

Dan

Well, the next craft shows I will do are in April/May so I thought I should do something small for Mother's and Father's Day. I hope these will sell. They are made from 3/16" boards of walnut, maple, persimmons, oak, mahogany, and cherry. I stack 5 at a time and it takes about an hour and a half to make 10. That time includes sanding and finishing. They are finished with 50/50 BLO and mineral spirits. I'm working on some other patterns (like sports cars). Any idea what shapes I can use for mom's? Thanks for looking.

Dan

Thank everyone. Marg, I thought the same thing with the surf boards, but not much surfing here in Kentucky.

Kevin, my wife suggested $5 each, but I think I'll look around to see what some comparable ones go for. I think I'll at least ask $4. Got the rings from eBay and with shipping they were less than 10 cents each.

Brett, my wife also suggested flowers or a heart. I like the shape being oblong, but I may try some different shapes and add a flower to it.

Dan

Price all depends on the area and what people are willing to spend. I have sold a few of mine for $10 each, one lady who had ordered three from me liked them so much and was very pleased with them gave me $50 instead of the agreed $30, she did not listen to my protest that we agreed on $30 so I had to take it. The area that I live in has a high percentage of people with higher incomes and are happy to part with their money for something that looks good or is unique.

Anyway as for the shapes, I suggested tulip and rose as they are kind of long in shape and may be suitable. How about a handbag or shoes?

hrmmm maybe I need to think of these designs for myself too haha

Brett, I like the idea of shoes. I think I'll try some running shoes and see how they look.

As for the price, I guess I was thinking of kids buying these for their mom or dad and was thinking of what they may want to spend. I've had folks tell me I priced my pens to low, so maybe I should rethink the price of the key chains also.

Thanks for the inputs.