Displaying new item at 3 day event

Iguanadon

I have a big 3-day event next week and I'm going to display a new item.  I just cut this one and will take orders if folks are interested.  All breeds available of course.  Non-puzzle version of the dog, all one solid piece.  I'll include wall anchors and screws.  4 hook key/leash holder.

Pictures and a snapshot of the original Boston Terrier puzzle.

I'll charge $40.  I charge $25 for the puzzles.

Boston.jpg

IMG_20190629_071332.jpg

Edited by Iguanadon
Swapping out photos

15 minutes ago, Iguanadon said:

I have a big 3-day event next week and I'm going to display a new item.  I just cut this one and will take orders if folks are interested.  All breeds available of course.  Non-puzzle version of the dog, all one solid piece.  I'll include wall anchors and screws.  4 hook key/leash holder.

Pictures and a snapshot of the original Boston Terrier puzzle.

I'll charge $40.  I charge $25 for the puzzles.

IMG_20190628_125926.jpg

IMG_20190628_125920.jpg

Boston.jpg

That seems reasonable to me. I think they will sell. They will definitely be more time consuming because of the "fretwork" factor. Are you going to assemble them or sell as a kit type thing?

6 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

That seems reasonable to me. I think they will sell. They will definitely be more time consuming because of the "fretwork" factor. Are you going to assemble them or sell as a kit type thing?

Hey Ray, it'll be one solid piece and I'll screw the hooks in and have the holes for the mounting screws pre-drilled and countersunk.  Ready to hang.

Just now, Iguanadon said:

Hey Ray, it'll be one solid piece and I'll screw the hooks in and have the holes for the mounting screws pre-drilled and countersunk.  Ready to hang.

I like it! You'll want to figure out a way to quickly run the hooks in straight and true. A jig and some sort of chuck for your cordless drill. 

How will you be hanging them? Not the keys.. I got that part.. but the rack itself.. I think this will be a great money maker for you.. This is something I've had on my to do list for a few years.. I did some several years ago.. but they never transferred to etsy when I moved from my own site to etsy.. In fact.. this reminds me.. I still have some stock of them I should get listed..

I think you'll make more money at these than puzzles ( per time to make them ).. no offense but I don't see how anyone making the puzzles and selling them for only $25 can make any money at it.. I know you do.. but just sayin.. they are a lot of cutting for little $$  That's as long as they sell well for you.. The puzzles do well because of the tourist area and it's a novelty type thing.. so the key racks may not do as well.. 

1 minute ago, kmmcrafts said:

How will you be hanging them? Not the keys.. I got that part.. but the rack itself.. I think this will be a great money maker for you.. This is something I've had on my to do list for a few years.. I did some several years ago.. but they never transferred to etsy when I moved from my own site to etsy.. In fact.. this reminds me.. I still have some stock of them I should get listed..

I think you'll make more money at these than puzzles ( per time to make them ).. no offense but I don't see how anyone making the puzzles and selling them for only $25 can make any money at it.. I know you do.. but just sayin.. they are a lot of cutting for little $$  That's as long as they sell well for you.. The puzzles do well because of the tourist area and it's a novelty type thing.. so the key racks may not do as well.. 

Hey Kevin, I'll drill two holes, one on each end of the "bone" and countersink a little for the screws that match the wall anchors I'll be supplying.

As far as the puzzles, yep, I do well.  I am able to cut 3 per hour, and my cost per puzzle is under $2 each.  So, for a "hobby", I make some nice extra spending money when selling 1,100 to 1,400 per year.  I hope the new key/leash holders do well since they'll only take 30 minutes each to make and the profit margin will be higher.  Maybe next year only do the key/leash holders and see how it goes.  LOL  Nah, doubt I'll do that.

2 hours ago, Iguanadon said:

What I meant was, your fingers will get sore screwing hooks in if you do very many. So a drilling jig for the 4 holes and a tool to run the hooks in will save time and your fingers.

Really cool idea Scott,

For hanging, I do Ribbon racks for various sports and I router 2 key holes in the back.  I supply the screw and wall plugs plus  instruction on how to mount straight on the wall.  

I have a jig for my router so I do a few boards up ahead of time so I am ready to go for any quick requests.