Hegner Owners Please Help

Rockytime

My Hegner is becoming irritable to me. It runs smooth as a jeweled watch. The clamps however, suck big time . Hopefully they are something I can get used to if I can just figure out how to change blades. The blades have to be centered on the little V shape. That works until I want to change to an inside cut. The Hawk design is so superior and easy. On the Hegner I have to remove both clamps, push the glade through the pattern hole, fasten the blade to the top clamp and then jockey the clamps into position. I tried just releasing the top clamp and threading the blade, then tried to get the blade in the top clamp. As often as I tried I could not get the blade into position so it could be tightened On the Hawk it is quick and simple. Perhaps my Hegner is old, 1988, and the newer saws are improved. If I can't get the hang of this, this little sucker is HISTORY! Perhaps all I need is a little advice.

1-20190727_132721.jpg

I am no expert, but I very much recommend the Hegner Quick Clamp for the top!  Its the only way to fly.  It looks like you have the old style, but a Quick Clamp will fit your saw.  Mine is even older than yours and the previous owner install it. 

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/products/hegner-quickclamp

23 minutes ago, GrampaJim said:

I am no expert, but I very much recommend the Hegner Quick Clamp for the top!  Its the only way to fly.  It looks like you have the old style, but a Quick Clamp will fit your saw.  Mine is even older than yours and the previous owner install it. 

I just looked at the Quick clamp. It looks exactly like the old style with exception that it as a knob. Does it still mount the same way? Also what is the positive stop they speak of? I don't mind spending the money if it works better. I'm finding that aligning the blade straight into the clamp difficult. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

How does your top clamp attach to the saw?   Just took another look at your picture Les and the newer improved clamps will work.

57 minutes ago, GrampaJim said:

I just put in my order. Thanks to all.