Two faced display

rjR

Having seen Barb J. Enders very well done double sided tree puzzle gave me the idea to do this! So " Thanks Barb."

Meanwhile back to the subject; I have a craft show coming up and a few of the things I make can be put on pegboard for the best display. So I decided that vertical room is free, I might as well make a way to use it. The farm boy was showing through again, and the show has a "rural'" theme and setting-- so do a barn. 

Lettering and some of the trim cuts are scrollsaw work. 

Most of the barns that I have ever seen were either red with white trim or white with black trim. Well the Double tree was the inspiration for this.

P1040434.thumb.JPG.05f9a49e77291cfde381016804f9176f.JPG It is 28+ inches tall and 36" wide folded to the open position.  

The trim is all real wood-1 x 2 cut with a slot for the pegboard insert.  The lettering is just plywood 1/4 inch scrap that was lying in the shop.  The font was just some rjR and T & E designs again.  The piano hinge was tricky and I may even end up changing it after the show, if it does not work the way I want. 

One picture includes some of the items that I am getting ready for the show.

P1040432.JPG

P1040433.JPG