Drum with Wood Burnings !

Eagledrum70

This is a hand drum called a Ashiko it's a Japanese style drum. It was hand made by a friend of mine here in Matthews , N.C. He has a website called RhythmHousedrums.com. I quit smoking cigarettes july 2008 after I lost my Aunt to cancer and my 8yr. old cousin Kylee found out she had Lymphoma which is a blood cancer. She is in remission now and that is great. Anyway I had my friend make the shell for me which is made out of Walnut aruond 25 individual slats glued together. I got it from him and wood burned the pictures on it before I put the head on it . I call it my Beat Cancer Drum. The picture of the Eagle is for my one year anniversary i quit smoking which you can see the dates in picture . The Dolphins are for my cousin Kylee because she loves dolphins and the Bear is for my aunt who loved Canada and bears. Ihave been involved with a organization called Drumstrong since 2007. Iwill be selling pictures at the annual event coming up in May and I would love for all the great people on here to check out this website and let me know what u think. I want to do some special pictures and auction them off at the event and donate all the money to the cause. It is a 24 hour drumcircle to raise money for cancer research. Please check it out and give me some feedback. The website is http://www.drumstrong.org. it is a great cause and i would love some of the talented pattern designers on here to make some patterns for me relating to drumstrong. Drumstrong has a facebook page also where you can get pictures or ideas . I have facebook also under Glenn Munson . Thanks for reading and let me know what u think Eagledrum70 :thumbs:

What an amazing quality drum your friend made for you!It looks better than a store bought one!That real talant to build something like that .I to quit smokeing in 1986 cold turkey too!Looks like we have lots of members that wood burn,you also!I'll have to check out the site your telling us about and let you know what i think !thanks! :)