My Attempt

Scrappile

39 minutes ago, meflick said:

What an awesome pattern by @New to Scrollin anfpd great work. Y you on cutting and crafting the frame for it. Your son and his friend will love it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  New to Scrollin cut the same pattern and posted a picture of it.  The pattern was made and sold by Charles Dearing.

I was lucky enough to see it first hand at Paul's house when I visited him about a month ago. His work is amazing and he is the one person that challenges me all the time, without him really knowing it. I marvel at his work and continue to admire what he does, every time I go to his house for a visit. I do not understand how he can do things so perfectly but  it inspires me to try a little harder to do better work. I have come to the conclusion that Paul is just way too talented for me to even think I could ever do anything that could possibly ever match his ability, but I can always improve my own skills with more effort. I have made some improvements because of knowing Paul but I have a long way to go to ever be able to consider myself as anything but a mediocre scroller, at best. I still love scrolling and do not see that I will give up that pleasure, until my body says, 'no more".

I do have to say that after seeing this first hand the photo does not even come  close to showing the superb quality of this piece of work. Congratulations Paul on another job superbly well done. 

More than being able to see and admire Paul's skills is my thankfulness that I have him as a wonderful friend. I cherish his friendship and we share together each summer when we get to see each other. I am thankful that I am a member of Scrollsaw Village where I have personally met some really great people and for all of you that  I feel like I personally know, but have never met, face to face.

Dick

heppnerguy