blower for saw

scroller 665

hello guys the bellows on my saw went out the other night and did not know what to do so i thought about it and we just did our bath room i took the fan and little oil and a cover over the air side two holes for my hoses now i run my two saws from it close one off and let me tell you this keeps my wood clear wile cutting try it and see gary

A member of the scrollsaw club that im in has part of an old hairdressers hairdryer (the type that goes over your head i imagine), its rather quiet and blows away the dust well ... the bonus is that he can adjust the heat setting on those cold days so it warms his fingers as he saws :D

I have a long hose to my dust extractor. The end of the hose runs alongside the arm of my saw and is held in place while I use it by some wrap around strips of Velcro. My bellows are still OK so the dust is blown off the blade and goes straight up the hose and away. There's virtually no dust to worry about. Trust me ... I'm an asthmatic! If your bellows pump gives up don't forget that a good option is an aquarium pump to keep the blade clear. Magic

• 2 weeks later...