Anyone try spray gluing veneer to some 1/8" BB?

crupiea

I have thought this might be a decent way to scroll some veneers but never tried. Of course being cheap i dont want to invest in the veneer and not know what to do with it.

Just curious if anyone has experience doing it this way.  Of course I want to be able to peel it off after i cut it so i wont use that much spray glue.    

I will be anxious to see results of your inquiry.  Seems like it would work.  May have to saturate it with MS to peel it off without breakage, like taking a paper pattern off a piece of wood.  Knowing your neat art work, I am really curious what you have going on it that artistic mind of yours.  

I've seen in the past where someone was laminating BBply because they didn't like the look of the face of BBply.. but liked the stability of it better than regular ply.. so they laminated it with whatever type of wood laminate they liked.. My issue with doing that would be the edges would still me the light color of the BBply..

Are you gluing it just to cut it or are you laminating it permanently to the BB?

If you are laminating it permanently, then contact cement is the best way to go. I've never tried spray glue for lamination. Something you would have to test.

If you are gluing it to the BB just to cut it and then peel it off, be aware that some veneers are kind of chippy and I think you'll get a lot of breakage when you try to peel it. Like Paul, said, you may have to soak it in mineral spirits to get it to come off.

I know one guy who cuts book markers out of veneer. He sandwiches pieces of veneer between two pieces of BB and tapes them tight. Then glues the pattern to the BB and stack cuts the whole thing. The veneer pieces come out clean with no fuzzies or chipped edges.