Dremel Plunge Router Drilling Tip

kmmcrafts

I know there are a few folks using this set up.. As time passed using mine I've noticed that it's not sliding across the wood blanks as easy as it once did.. and I've been having to lift it to the next spot.. If i tried to slide i to the next spot it's make the whole board slide.. 

Today while using the Johnson's paste wax on my Excalibur's table I thought I'd wax the bottom plate of that plunge router.. WOW! that thing just glides across now...  Also the two post on each side where the mechanism slides in the up / down... either wax or spray a little spray lube on those makes it plunge easy too..

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I know there are a few folks using this set up.. As time passed using mine I've noticed that it's not sliding across the wood blanks as easy as it once did.. and I've been having to lift it to the next spot.. If i tried to slide i to the next spot it's make the whole board slide.. 

Today while using the Johnson's paste wax on my Excalibur's table I thought I'd wax the bottom plate of that plunge router.. WOW! that thing just glides across now...  Also the two post on each side where the mechanism slides in the up / down... either wax or spray a little spray lube on those makes it plunge easy too..

Good idea! Mine seams to not slide up and down, plunge, as easy as it did. What did you spray the slides with...WD40?

Yes I used WD-40 but it's not really a lubricant and I don't like using it for that as it is very corrosive.. Since I was out of PB Blasters Garage Door Lube I used the WD-40..

The Garage Door stuff is awesome.. It's a dry lube and I think it's silicone with Teflon added.. awesome stuff.. that's why it's gone.. I went crazy using that stuff on everything.. Throttle / Choke cables on my mower.. wheels on my push mower.. pushed so much easier LOL.. Bike chains and all kinds of stuff, LOL    

18 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Yes I used WD-40 but it's not really a lubricant and I don't like using it for that as it is very corrosive.. 

I did not know that WD-40 is corrosive and wonder if that is true.  I looked up the ingredients and found nothing corrosive and it contains some anti-corrosives.

It does work to clean parts and should be followed up with a full lubricant.

Ever since Kevin first mentioned PB Blaster I have tried it and found it be a great lubricant, I too use it on everything

But, WD40 has its uses, it will clean damn near anything.  Including paint, glue, silicone, grease, etc off your hands and fingers.

It will also cauterize a cut - don't ask 🙂