CHIEFS #2

OzarkSawdust

Finished up the second CHIEFS plaque. I enlarged the arrowhead an inch and redid the CHIEFS enlarging and moved the spacing slightly.  This one went smooth and quickly! I knew the problems I ran into on the first, thanks for all the help guys, and I used Pegas #5. I think this one's good enough to sell...? Watcha think? Would you sell as is...or do a frame?

CHIEFS #2.jpg

9 hours ago, Ron Johnson said:

Fine work Gary.  No frame. I would chamfer a 45 around the edge .

That's a good idea Ron! I didn't think of that. I think I've got a router bit for that somewhere in the shop. 

Would you just stain the edges the same...dark stain...or paint chamfer black? I'm no good yet on finishes. 

5 hours ago, Norm Fengstad said:

Thanks for sharing , looks good as it sits now , framed would also be good. I copied and saved the picture as my son is a Chiefs fan, maybe I will do something like it if that is o.k with you

Norm Fengstad, Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada

Sure, I'll come back tonight and give you the details.

Looks great!
I was going to make a suggestion like Ron did above but, my first thought was a Roman Ogee bit routed edge.
If you route the edge, when you stain the wood, the routed edge will naturally be a darker hue. Just the nature of
of how much stain absorbs into the end grain compared to the surface.

God Bless! Spirithorse

I have heard that...bot have no real legal knowledge of it. I got the logo off of Rapid Resizer, I figure it's fair game. 

Also I'm not worried about hand making and selling a couple at a flea market...but if I was making a ton of them with a big display it might be a different story. 

27 minutes ago, OzarkSawdust said:

I have heard that...bot have no real legal knowledge of it. I got the logo off of Rapid Resizer, I figure it's fair game. 

Also I'm not worried about hand making and selling a couple at a flea market...but if I was making a ton of them with a big display it might be a different story. 

Best of luck with the sales and please be careful....great work too!! 😉