Slide Through Two Piece Ornament #03

Denny Knappen

1 hour ago, OzarkSawdust said:

First...That's really nice, and I like the way it looks in walnut! 

Second...another newbie question...what is "sanding sealer" is that what it's called...or does it have another name? Spray, liquid? I've just never used or heard of it before.

Thanks.  I use Shellac 50% with denatured alcohol.  This makes a thin solution that I dip projects into.  It is quick drying and when dried, a light sanding with a Mac Mop.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:50 PM, rjweb said:

Denny, very nice cutting, it will be a beautiful set when you are done, and that tease because we can’t get the patterns anymore, lol, RJ 

I finally called Scrolleronline.   It is still listed.  In the search, type 7603 and it will come up.  I will let Karen know it is still listed.

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would add three new ones to this post.  Not a lot of time on the scroll saw yesterday, but I did complete three.  The first one is made from Mahogany and the next two from Cherry.  I used FD UR #1 blades and finished with spray Polyurethane clear satin.  Comments welcome.

Slide Through Two Piece Ornaments 05 102219.JPG

Slide Through Two Piece Ornaments 06 102219.JPG

Slide Through Two Piece Ornaments 07 102219.JPG