Free Wood idea

Old Dust

If there is a nearby Kitchen Cabinet Remodeling shop near you it would be to your best interest to get to know them.

Get to talk to the owner and tell hem what you do. Show him a few pieces and find out his interest.

Perhaps you could cut something that would interest him. Give it to him.

The reason I post this is that when they remodel, all of the old cabinets are just thrown out.

This is a gold mine for you.

The doors are already finished and the panels are just great for flat portrait, etc. cuttings.

The stiles and rails make great desk top name plates and bases for stand up items.

The sides and back can also be used for various cuttings.

Good Luck.

John

Old Dust

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at a store where they advertised Custom Made Cabinets and asked for what they consider scrap.

As mentioned above, I took my photo album in showing several intarsia pieces I made and they said I could

go through their scrap pile and take anything I wanted. Every piece there was either particle board or

plywood with the fake veneer on it! Was I ever disappointed!

God Bless! Spirithorse

I took your idea and dropped in by the local cabinet shop....SCORE, lots of hard woods! and he said "we just throw it all away, take all you want!" needless to say i'll be going back there again. I am going to have to come up with a good scroll saw christmas gift for them as a thank you.

Thanks for sharing the idea.

• 2 weeks later...