My first project

Tammi201

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.  I don’t know how to respond to individual ones.  One of the questions wa what did I use for coloring.  I mix my own stain with colored pigments. Then I put a finish called Bobs Miracle. 1 part Gloss Spar Vanrnish, 1part Boiled Linseed Oil and 1 part Paint Thinner.

Nice first project Tammi.

22 minutes ago, Tammi201 said:

. . . I don’t know how to respond to individual ones.  One of the questions wa what did I use for coloring.  I mix my own stain with colored pigments. . . . 

In regards to how to respond to an individual post, on the bottom of each post, you should see a “Quote” in blue, if you click there, it should copy and “quote” the text down to the input box at the end where you would enter your next text to that post. The “quote” will be in a “box” and I go down below the box so my reply is outside of the quote box as you should be able to see as I did here.  If you want to only quote part of a post, you can go into the quote box and edit as desired. I will do that if I only want to quote part of something that I am replying to as again I did here. If you do quote someone, they will get a notification (if everything is setup that way).  You can also “tag” someone by using the @ sign in front of their forum name as I have again done here with your’s. @Tammi201. When you tag someone it will also give them a notification so they can come back and check out your reply. If you aren’t sure of someone’s exact user name, if you add the @ and start typing, you will get a list of user forum names that are matching the start of what you are typing.

@Tammi, I'm not sure whether you have been welcomed here yet. I'm not familiar with your name but just in case, I wanted to say "Welcome to the Village", the friendliest place on the internet. You did a great job on your first project. You can only get better on each project you make. Thanks for the formula for your finish also.

23 hours ago, meflick said:

Nice first project Tammi.

In regards to how to respond to an individual post, on the bottom of each post, you should see a “Quote” in blue, if you click there, it should copy and “quote” the text down to the input box at the end where you would enter your next text to that post. The “quote” will be in a “box” and I go down below the box so my reply is outside of the quote box as you should be able to see as I did here.  If you want to only quote part of a post, you can go into the quote box and edit as desired. I will do that if I only want to quote part of something that I am replying to as again I did here. If you do quote someone, they will get a notification (if everything is setup that way).  You can also “tag” someone by using the @ sign in front of their forum name as I have again done here with your’s. @Tammi201. When you tag someone it will also give them a notification so they can come back and check out your reply. If you aren’t sure of someone’s exact user name, if you add the @ and start typing, you will get a list of user forum names that are matching the start of what you are typing.

@meflick  thank you, this is very helpful.  I think I replied correctly 😁

59 minutes ago, Denny Knappen said:

Very well done, especially for the first.  I recommend keeping the first and hanging it in the shop so you can compare your progress as you continue in this fun hobby.

Sign and date it too. I have the very first thing I scrolled, other than the practice patterns, hanging in my shop. It's great to be able to look back at your first attempt.