Card Holder

Be_O_Be

9 hours ago, meflick said:

You have made one happy wife no doubt. Now you need to make her a box with that inlaid in the side or its lid. 😉🤔 So what type of craft work does she do? Does she sell your handiwork through her site as well? Thanks for showing.

Happy wife, happy life.

When I first started scrolling I tried to do some inlay work but never really got the hang of it. Now that I have a few more years on the saw under my belt, and a few pounds over it, I'm going to revisit the inlay process. The saws & blades have improved over the years which make for a better finished product. The boxes I've seen on this site have definitely motivated me.

Over the years I've never really made anything with the intention of selling it. Things I've made were usually given away to family & friends or I made something because it posed a challenge. I've always had an interest in repurposing wood, maybe it comes from the treehouse days as a kid. I'll hang on to some wood finds until I find the idea that fits the wood. My wife does a few select shows each year and she convinced me to do one with her this pass July. With my list of things to make and how many to make of each one I realized early on that the idea of making a dozen of one item & then a dozen of another really didn't interest me. While at the July show my wife & I were invited to a handmade only show at a local museum in December. I wasn't much interested but she convinced me that this was the show she had wanted to get invited to. Again, happy wife, happy life. If we are invited to do this show again next year at least I'll have 12 months to make what I want to make and if it sells, fine, and if not at least I'll have my Christmas shopping done.

Some of her wares. The mushroom houses have a plastic cup inside & the top hinges open. The bear & bunny and the unicorn on the table have articulating arms & legs. She has an army of Santa, snowmen & reindeer for the December show and several plastic tubs full of other items. Our granddaughter as a hat model.

x11.thumb.jpg.58a6fa6ddacfeaca1bd770f41e8e2999.jpgx10.thumb.jpg.73f16b6b139eea98abc0c6672f39cfcd.jpg

x12.thumb.jpg.e8375a91d032d5d9e2c3a10a36f6ac0a.jpg    x9.thumb.jpg.71ee06901fdaada80035a16e734d211a.jpg

@Be_O_Be Thanks for showing some of your wife's handiwork. She too makes some beautiful things.  Good luck with that show in December.  Like you, I have learned that I tend not to want to make the same thing over and over again. I also have not really sold anything - give it away to family and friends or it piles up in my work room.  One day I may try and see if anyone else is interested. 😆