insulted

hayu

This is going to be strange. During the summer I had a garage sell. I decided to sell somethings that my neighbors didn't take. They were signs, crosses and small baskets. I priced them at what it cost in supplies to make and just a small bit over.( $4.00 to 8.00)

I received many compliments, but only one bought. Most said I was to low and needed sell them at a higher price and left. One has come back and wanted to buy some crosses and some others things. I gave her the same price as I did in the summer. She was the one that really tried to convence me that things were to low during the garage sell.

Well now it gets strange, when she heard the low price she said "Do you think that I can't afford these things at a higher price?" I said no that was the price in the summer it's the same price now. Unless you want to go somewhere and buy some type of supplies for me. I said there is a list in the garage or I can get you a copy. Well she left in a huff. Can you sell things to low? The neighbors don't seem to be concerned about free.

I've heard this before, many likes, a lot of you should charge more but few of those people buy anything.

Apparently that woman judges her own self worth based upon how much money she spends. Your item was nice enough to have but no way could she say to her friends that she only paid $8, that would be too low for her.

You should have asked her how much she would pay then taken her money

I find that true too. For my handyman work i low priced and they think i'm a sloop maybe for a low price like that. And then again same is true for new crafts to low and they have no value to it.Go high and take the offer as they want to bicker any way but when its to low when they bicker it'll be next to nothing you get for it. :)

Thanks I didn't think this could happen occasionally. I just assumed if you are shopping at a garage sell you might like it at a low price.

I insulted another lady her husband was fixing my freezer and she came with him. She was looking through some of the things I made and said her name. I guess I was suppose to know her name. I said nice to meet you Blah blah. Wellll she said she was an artist and started mentioning places that had her art. She didn't say what medium she was an artist in and asked her. Well her husband and I traded to get the bill down. He laughed all the way to his truck.

If they say something is priced too high or too low ask them what they would like to offer and then say done deal. A friend of mine sells collectables at markets or garage sales, and when he asked for my opinion I said to him to always make high because he can always come down it sometimes harder to go up.

Marg