Optical illusion

Foxfold

24 minutes ago, dgman said:

Impressive Brenda! How long did it take to cut?

Mmm, not sure. I probably did a couple of hours on Tuesday spread out through the afternoon and evening  and maybe the same today.  I just get to my saw when I can. It's been raining here so I went to the shed when I couldn't get to take the dogs out, and housework didn't seem a very inviting option 🙂   Thank you for your kind words. xx

1 minute ago, Foxfold said:

Mmm, not sure. I probably did a couple of hours on Tuesday spread out through the afternoon and evening  and maybe the same today.  I just get to my saw when I can. It's been raining here so I went to the shed when I couldn't get to take the dogs out, and housework didn't seem a very inviting option 🙂   Thank you for your kind words. xx

Who does housework this time of year.. supposed to leave the cobwebs and dust.. It a easy way to decorate for Halloween... Well maybe you don't celebrate Halloween in UK? I don't know.. LOL 

4 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

. . ., and housework didn't seem a very inviting option 🙂   . . . 

Umm, 🤔 when is housework ever an “inviting option”? 

I go with Kevin’s @kmmcrafts logic and explain it is Halloween 🎃 👻 decorations and note I celebrate Halloween most of the year. 😉🤭☺️

Nice work on it Brenda. I think I would get too cross eyed 😵 

Extremely impressive Brenda.  You have come a L O N G way in a short time.  Now I recommend that you go for an eye test, to make sure there is not lasting damage and that the cross eyes will rectify themselves very soon.  :lol:  ;)

Marg

8 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

Where did you get the pattern?

It's a Sam Custodio pattern, freely given on his Facebook page. The only thing I changed is I made it Grey with Red lines and wrote ''cut out white'' on the pattern before I glued it to my wood 🤣  The 'grey' was a bit wonky in places but I ignored it and just followed the red lines that I conveniently made just the same width as my No3 blade so that I just literally had to cut down the middle. 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/957050487745457/photos/a.2370928753024283/2374516665998825/?type=3&theater

2 hours ago, Foxfold said:

It's a Sam Custodio pattern, freely given on his Facebook page. The only thing I changed is I made it Grey with Red lines and wrote ''cut out white'' on the pattern before I glued it to my wood 🤣  The 'grey' was a bit wonky in places but I ignored it and just followed the red lines that I conveniently made just the same width as my No3 blade so that I just literally had to cut down the middle. 🤣

https://www.facebook.com/957050487745457/photos/a.2370928753024283/2374516665998825/?type=3&theater

Thanks for both the link and the advice.  I'm not at all sure I can figure out how o get the red lines, but I will give it a shot. 

I see that Sam has quite a few optical illusions there.  The one you cut is really interesting, but so are a few others.

1 hour ago, Foxfold said:

I can send you mine if you want it with red lines.  Other than that just do a 'trace bitmap' in Inkscape and you can then make it grey with a red outline.

Thanks for both telling me how to do it in Inkscape and for the offer to send your modified pattern.  I don't (yet?) know how to use Inkscape; therefore please send the pattern to me at:

fpellow@sympatico.ca

First...That's a really cool design and you did a fantastic job of cutting it!! That would drive me over the edge cutting it 🤣 John B said it best...lol.

15 hours ago, John B said:

I reckon I'd need a few stiff drinks before attempting something like that to counteract the dizziness

Second....Thank you for introducing me to Sam Custodio! I went to his Facebook page and looked at his work...I really like a lot of his stuff! I'll be cutting some of it soon.

And Third...I'm still waiting to see the finished "Frog" pattern...🤣🤣🤣

Again, great job on the optical illusion!

2 hours ago, OzarkSawdust said:

I'm still waiting to see the finished "Frog" pattern

The ''Frog'' has been thrown back in it's pond Gary. !!!  I've been ridiculed enough !!! 🤣    My family still ask  ''have you done the Frog yet''  That's one mistake I won't make twice 

tenorYW3183AF.gif

Edited by Foxfold

I don’t get on this blog very often, but it seems it wasn’t very along ago you were a struggling beginner. You have become incredibly proficient in a short time.You are already looking at many of us in your rear view mirror! BTW, I know little about the proximity of places in the UK, but if you have by chance an opportunity to come across Fiona Kingdon and her work, I would encourage you to take the time to do so. She’s my scrollsaw superhero!