Ornaments For Charity Pattern Drive - 2019

Travis

43 minutes ago, meflick said:

The first time I agreed to provide some, I downloaded the book and looked through it and saw what was already in there. That helped me to develop some ideas. If you haven’t done that, it’s a good place to start. It’s also good if you develop a “theme” as it makes it easier to come up with 5 similar patterns. Doesn’t have to be similar, just makes it easier on you. As Don noted, they don’t have to be “Christmas” specific, like mistletoe, nativity, bells, Santa, elves, reindeer, etc. they can be, but almost anything works as people like ornaments of pretty much anything. Things people love, collect, etc. I haven’t gotten into my computer to get mine to Travis yet, or I would tell you what I was providing but I did a bunch last year as I got on a roll so I need to go see what those were and get them to him. 😉☺️ 

I've pounded my braincell on my desk a couple of times, and that got some sparks going (along with the faint smell of ozone...dunno what that's all about).  I have one done up, large-sized (it can be reduced to ornament-size or printed 8.5x11 for a wall-hangar), and a couple of thoughts on the rest.  I guess go ahead and add me to the list?

Looks like Kirk @RabidAlien takes us to 8 - Thanks Kirk for joining in.  

That puts us just two away from meeting the goal of 10 for the 10th Anniversary edition.  HOWEVER, we had 11 last year - surely we can get 3 more to tie that number or better yet - 4 more and set a new record on this the 10th Anniversary!!! 12 x 5 would be 60 new ornament patterns added to the book!  Who wants to help Travis out here?!?!?!??? Its a simple way to say thanks for all he does for us here in the Village and a way to help fellow scrollers out with ornaments to sell or give away.

Awesome!  Just 1 away!  I'd hate to make it this close and fall shy on our 10 year anniversary.  Who's gunna help us reach 10?!  Here's where we're at right now:

1. @Travis
  2. @Foxfold - Received
  3. @meflick
  4. @MrsN - Received
  5. @Fab4 - Received
  6. @don in brooklin on - Received
  7. @dvdneal - Received
  8. @RabidAlien - Received
  9. @Kris Martinson - Received

Looks like I need to get to my computer and get my 5 sent off to you Travis. Looks like I’m the only slacker. 😉😔 I promise to get them to you tomorrow. 

Now, who’s going to get us to 10 - one more is all we need to get the Minimum of 10 for the 10th Anniversary. We can do it I know. Who else is in?

Boy, it looks like I'm the only one that has to get on my designing!  The pressure is on.  :rofl:

1. @Travis
  2. @Foxfold - Received
  3. @meflick - Received
  4. @MrsN - Received
  5. @Fab4 - Received
  7. @dvdneal - Received

But....here's the big but....we are still short 1 designer!  It would be a tragedy if we fell short by 1 designer on our 10 year anniversary.  Who's gunna help  out?

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Travis said:

Boy, it looks like I'm the only one that has to get on my designing!  The pressure is on.  :rofl:

1. @Travis
  2. @Foxfold - Received
  3. @meflick - Received
  4. @MrsN - Received
  5. @Fab4 - Received
  7. @dvdneal - Received

But....here's the big but....we are still short 1 designer!  It would be a tragedy if we fell short by 1 designer on our 10 year anniversary.  Who's gunna help  out?

giphy.gif

Hi Travis:
Your message is a funny one, but what's not funny is that we are short of the goal by ONE
C'mon Villagers, NEED at least one more to step up to plate
Believe me, if you participate, you will get this nice warm feeling,
just like when you peed your pants as a kid, (or maybe just yesterday, I don't really wanna know)
WHO WILL IT BE?
Fab4

So close to the golden number of 10 - we need at least 1 more to make Travis' Christmas wish come true and have 10 pattern designers create 5 patterns each for the 10th anniversary edition.  They don't have to be complicated, I aim mine toward the "beginner" level usually - 😉 just find a "theme" and its easy to come up with 5 ideas.

23 minutes ago, meflick said:

So close to the golden number of 10 - we need at least 1 more to make Travis' Christmas wish come true and have 10 pattern designers create 5 patterns each for the 10th anniversary edition.  They don't have to be complicated, I aim mine toward the "beginner" level usually - 😉 just find a "theme" and its easy to come up with 5 ideas.

I second this.....heck, if *I* can come up with a couple of simple patterns for Christmas ornaments, ANYONE can come up with some.

Holy Cow!  We made it!  In fact, we got 11 designers, which matches last year!  Can we beat last year's record and add 1 more designer?

1. @Travis
  2. @Foxfold - Received
  3. @meflick - Received
  4. @MrsN - Received
  5. @Fab4 - Received
  7. @dvdneal - Received
  10. @Phantom Scroller - Received
  11. @jollyred - Received

Yea, thanks to everybody who has joined in. I am so excited to see what has been provided this year for the 10th anniversary edition. One more person can take us over last year’s number and have 12 and a new record. What a simple way to say thanks to Travis for all he does for us with the Village. I know we can do it. With 12 folks, each submitting 5 patterns gives the book 60 new patterns.

Food for thought!  There are a zillion Christmas ornaments. Thanksgiving is really lacking,  Easter could use a few, along with St. Patrick's Day.  Halloween is pretty well covered although I would like to see a few skeletons.  How about some kind of Birthday ornaments?  Just a few things that popped into my head.  As far as pattern designers it looks like we are missing Bobscroll and Birchbark...……..hint hint...………….lol

Today's the last day to get your ornament patterns in for this year's Ornaments For Charity eBook!  @Travis, I'm looking at you!  😜  I'll be working on the book this evening and tomorrow morning.  I'm hoping to have it published by tomorrow afternoon. 

source.gif

To my American friends, I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey and hopefully sharing with those you love.  For the rest of you, enjoy your Thursday.  :)

• Travis locked and unpinned this topic