Looking for new saw

CJB

I have a Seyco and it is a great saw with the biggest table of any of the saws, I think.  It also is purchased from a company, (Seyco) that gives the best customer service and has the most knowledge about their saw... There are two things that some people do not like about it:  1. the cutting head tilts to 45° to the right, but only 30° to the left.  2. It does not have the rack and pinion type adjustment to tilt the head, you have to move it by pushing it the direction you want to tilt.  And maybe there is a third, it doesn't come with the Pegas blade clamps.  The ones on it are good, but not quite as nice as the Pegas.

The Jet, I have not even seen one in person, the only down side I have heard about is it is bottom feed only unless you purchase a set of Pegas clamps for it. 

Whether any of these are negatives or not, is personal choice.

Welcome to the forum.  My store, ArtCrafters, is a distributor for Pegas so I may have a slanted view.  My go to Saw is the EX21 and I found the Pegas similar.  I completed several test cuttings on the Pegas with great results.  My next test cutting will be compound cutting Miniature Birdhouse Ornaments.

I have a EX21 and a Seyco ST21 both great saws. My Seyco is the newest and I use it the most. Pegas would be a good choice also. They are basically all the same mechanism on the saws. It would be buyer preference. Don't think you could go wrong with The Pegas or the Seyco. I had two new Jet saws both of the ones I had vibrated so bad I couldn't use them. At that time customer service was not so great. I did like that top clamp though. I am a bottom feeder so the bottom clamp didn't bother me other than taking time to use their system to change blades. It was a little slower than regular blade clamps. Still the same parallel system as the Seyco and pegas. Good luck with your choice.