ANGUS

ANGUS was a Black Lab who was born to hunt.  He was owned by a very good friend of mine, but thought he belonged to the world...if you pet him once, you were there for a long time.  Angus was an incredible bird dog who we swear could tell when Joey was getting the shotgun out, he sat right next to the tailgate of the truck until they left for the field.  I am not a hunter, but to see him work a pheasant field was unbelievable.  The base and the frame are made from recycled poplar, the hunter is cherry and the pheasant is 1/16 inch sapele, his name is Black Walnut, the darkest wood I had.  We all miss ANGUS, but Joey is devastated, I made this for him to remember his best friend.

IMG_0791.jpg

The whole problem with beloved pets, they do not live long enough... My lad is a crazy hunter also.   Never has missed prey.  Always finds it no matter what.  I wish is was birds and not a ball, but birds do not seem to interest him.... It's okay, I not a hunter anymore.

That is a great looking piece.  Joey is going to cherish that.