Finished Some More

Messman

I finished another cutting today as well as some picture frames. I used the same picture frames for all the photo's because the others are still drying. Comments are welcome.

This one is my Morning Dew pattern that I cut today. This is the one that had the most votes for the better of the two patterns.

thumb_DSC00919.jpg

This is my friends wedding picture that I posted yesterday but I figured I would show what it looks like in it's frame.

thumb_DSC00920.jpg

And this is my Morning Dew 2 pattern that I posted yesterday in a frame, again I figured I would show what it looks like framed.

thumb_DSC00921.jpg

I also finally broke down today and picked up a chair that I can sit on while I cut. Up to today I had been standing because my saw is on my work bench. Well needless to say with all the cutting I have been doing lately my back is feeling it and I figured I had better start sitting so I can keep my back straight. now I have to figure out how to get comfortable cutting while sitting. Just another challenge I guess. As always comments are welcome.

Very nice work Chris and i have tried cutting sitting down ,but I just can't do it . I dont really use spiral blades very much I do most of my cutting with 2/0 blades , so I find it impossible to to cut sitting and try spinning my wood round and round. Do you use spiral blades ? Again very nice work and thanks for sharing Eagledrum70 :thumbs:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Glenn, Yes I am a spiral blade user. I used a 2/0 for the newest cutting. It was the first time I had used them, and I may have found the blade I had been missing from my arsenal.

Doug I have my saw hooked to my dust collector (now that I fixed it yesterday that is). So I don't have to much of a dust issue.

Chris...I had my shop vac hooked up to the saw but wanted to throw it at the wall because of the noise...(scrollsawing is usually a quitet relaxing hobby)...and it would take small projects :lol: .....what do you use as a dust collector?...I thought of putting it outside and getting a longer hose but havn't got round to that yet...

Doug this is what I use for dust collection http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-indus ... 97869.html For the price it is hard to go wrong, and it is a H@@L of a lot quiter than a shop vac. But then I turn out more (when I have the money for wood) more than just scroll work.

You can also build a Noise box for the shop vac, I have read that it does quite them down, but I have to question the air flow aspect of it, but it is something you can look into.