Salvaged a load of plexi

Xray

1/2 inch plexi, and quite a bit of it. The larger piece is very heavy, this stuff would cost some $$ store bought. Never even been used, still has the protective paper on it.

This was deemed scrap at a job site I was at, so I snagged it right up.

Never tried scrolling plexi ,,, I'm getting a CNC router pretty soon, so between the two, I'll think of some kind of project for it.

I got an idea sprouting in my head.

Cut out a plexi heart, say about 3 or 4 inches across. Cut out a name or names in it, or some lovey dovey motto.

Then, I'd cut out an identical heart of 3/4 wood, only about 25% bigger.

With a router, I would cut out the middle of the wood heart, exactly the size of the plexi heart, 1/2 in depth. 1/2 plexi, 3/4 wood, it would sit flush with the wood, which would have a heart shaped wood rim all around it.

Then, I would fill in the letters with something that will flow, then dry. Paint would flow too much, so I'll have to think about what to use, perhaps black paint with a flow inhibitor like Cabosil ... But this would be a nice affect, the 1/2 inch long filled in letters would almost look like they are floating in air, and the stained grain of the wood would be visible all around the heart, and right through it.

Once I perfect that technique, and especially if I can do the routing with my coming CNC router, I can see doing all kinds of things, custom angels, crosses, names, with the same process.

Plexi & wood, router & scrollsaw, will combine to create a stunning, unique affect.

I actually could have got alot more of this, I wish I would have.

It would have required me to carry these heavy pieces a long ways after a 12 hour shift, thats why I didn't ,, Bit I'm already regretting it, as I knew I would.