Sloans Woodshop

New Guy

I have been a customer for a very long time.  they will be missed! I talked to Rhonda a couple of weeks ago when I ordered a bunch of blades. And she mentioned that her husband was going in for major surgery and I know she has also had some issues over the years. 

From what I saw they ran the business form an out building on their property so not such not some thing you could just sell. 

I wish them the best in their retirement.  Sorry I never got to meet them.

I've been a customer for a few years.. It's sad to see them close up shop.. but I also understand that running a small business on your property is not easily sold and transferable.. Then finding the right person that would take it over and run it like they'd want it run is far and few.. I'm doubtful that it's a huge profitable type business that rakes in the money that most people want for the amount of work at hand.. much like my small craft business.. Most people would not do it the way I do it.. as it is a lot of work for the money made.. You have to "love" doing it.. I have often thought about starting a business much like they run... to help with more income and use both craft sales and craft supplies to build a better income..  The problem I have is having the money for the inventory for all the clock styles and other things I'd offer.. I do sell clocks inserts now.. sales are far and few and then I have the ones that always ask if I'm going to be offering any other styles.. they like my prices but want different clock faces or sizes.. The issue is.. they may only want 1-10 inserts.. I have to buy a minimum of 100pcs.. and if I only order 100 the pricing changes drastically.. then I can't offer it at the cost I offer my clocks I use now.. I buy those because that's what I use.. Buy 500 at a time for the pricing..  One day.. I may start a supplies business as such.. but it'll be a slow going process to gradually build upon that business.. But for the time being.. I love what I do..